Shipshape Studio blog: craft and design Shipshape Studio blog home Shipshape Studio shop Shipshape Studio website Shipshape Studio press About Shipshape Studio Shipshape Studio FAQs and Contact

20.12.11

Interview :: Hannah Latham

I'm always intrigued to know a little bit more about artists and designer-makers, and thought you might be too, so I'm starting a series profiling some of the artists and makers that we stock at Shipshape Studio. First up is Hannah Latham, who designs some mighty fine patterns that she turns into greeting cards, gift wrap and tags, and large prints to perk up your walls. Hannah is a real pleasure to work with and her work has been very popular already. I think we've almost sold out of her moustache gift wrap already! See below to find out more about Hannah in her own words.

hannah latham designer


I'm a designer based in Manchester, having graduated from The University of Huddersfield with a Textile Design degree in 2010. I currently work as a towel and bed linen designer by day, but explore my own design projects by night. 

During those evenings you'll find me sat at my makeshift desk (my Gran's old G-Plan coffee table with cushion on the floor), with my little cat Pip. It's a wonder I ever get anything done, what with her attempting to sabotage my work by chasing the mouse curser and jumping on the keyboard. In between Pip's mad moments, I work on a range of goodies, from pattern and card design to home textiles and illustration, with a core focus on charming and playful visual content and trend led, carefully considered colour palettes. 
I'm inspired by animals, antiques, Scandinavian pattern, vintage fabrics and wallpaper, old photographs, nostalgia and everyday objects.
hannah latham products

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts. We appreciate each and every one, and try to respond to as many as possible.